St Peters Square and Bernini’s Colonnade – Vactican
ProtectGuard is your water-repellent, oil-repellent, anti-staining and anti-graffiti. Total protection for all porous building substrates.
Water based, ready to apply translucent liquid.
ProtectGuard® is the leading product for all-round protection for all porous building materials. This one product delivers water and oil repellent protection and anti-graffiti protection for porous building materials.
ProtectGuard® helps tackle the deterioration caused by atmospheric pollution, grease-type staining, penetration of liquids and graffiti. A surface treated with ProtectGuard® will benefit from an increased life-span and will be easier to maintain.
ProtectGuard® is a non-film-forming impregnation product that leaves the treated surface permeable to air and water vapour.
ProtectGuard® is completely colourless after application and does not change the appearance or the composition of the treated surface. It is also UV-resistant and does not discolour with age.
ProtectGuard® may be used indoors or outside on walls, floors and roofing. It is designed to protect all porous building materials such as natural and synthetic stone, concrete, terracotta, cement, inter-locking paving… On low porous materials, use ProtectGuard® HD or ProtectGuard® MG Eco. ProtectGuard® is used for new and renovated constructions.
HSBC, Paris, France – Facade protected with ProtectGuard in 1992, looking as fresh as ever today
ADVANTAGES & FEATURES
- Effective for more than 10 years demonstrated by the CEBTP (Experimental Centre for Research and Study in Construction and Public Works).
- Protects against water, oily liquids and staining.
- Limits efflorescence formation.
- Anti-staining, anti-dirt.
- Prevents chewing-gum from sticking, limits dirt due to pollution from building up again. Limits moss and lichen growth.
- Makes cleaning easier.
- Very good anti-graffiti properties.
- Prevents deterioration resulting from freeze-thaw cycle.
- Non-film-forming, lets the surface breathe.
- UV-resistant, does not discolour.
- Invisible once dry.
- Ready to use, easy to use.
Typical use areas:
- Concrete footings and pavements
- Precast concrete elements
- Buildings, bridges and infrastructure
- Terraces, balconies, pool decks, barbecue areas, tile joints
- Renovated facades, tile joints, old, new and renovated buildings.
- 100% Biodegradable
- Non-Hazardous & Non-Toxic
- Petroleum solvent & Silicone free
- Colour: Clear
- Chemical: Water-borne fluorinated copolymer based
- Specific Gravity: 1.0 ± 0.01
- PH: 5.5 ± 0.5
- Odour: None
- Drying time: 24 hours
- Full effect: 7 days
- Finish: No change to substrate
- Boiling Point: 100C
- Cleaning: Water
- Durability: 10 years minimum
- VOC Content: < 2 gm/litre
- Surface Bond: Excellent
- Equipment: Non-Atomizing Spray e.g. Use knapsack or backpack, roller or brush
- Cleaning: Water
- Typical Specification: One coat, however if applied over a concrete block wall or pressed pavers, two applications may be required due to the porosity.